5 most amazing marine life
1. The Humboldt Squid. The size of this predatory marine life can exceed 2 meters. Inhabits squid off the coast of Central America at a depth of 700 meters. The locals call it sea monster, or red devil and tell you that there were cases when the giant squid was dragged fishermen from the ship directly into the sea.
2. Long-tailed Chimera. This unique fish impresses with its futuristic view – it has a “shovel-nose” and a pointed tail. Chimera lives in the North Atlantic off the coast of Japan and New Zealand. Its length varies from 60 to 100 centimeters. In case of danger Chimera raises a poisonous dorsal fin. Chimera leads mainly benthic life and feeds on crabs, urchins and other small sea animals.
3. Fish-drop . It is considered the most unattractive fish on Earth. Her frowning “expression” is explained by the structure – the diameter of the eyes is narrower than the interorbital space, and on the front part of the head has appendage-like hook nose. Fish-drop lives at depths of 800 meters and lifting it to the surface deforms due to pressure difference. This fish feeds on small invertebrates.
4. Purple tremoctopus (also called “floating octopus”). The male of this species of octopus grows up to 3 cm in length, while females can reach a size of 2 meters. Each female in svoeobraznoe near the mouth there pedeapsa membrane, which she holds in the case of a threat – with its help it becomes more menacing look. Males also protected by the stinging tentacles of jellyfish, which they are using the suction cups.
5. Mixin (or “fish-a witch”). Is considered the most slimy creature on the planet. Home to a mixin in the Mediterranean sea and the North Atlantic. Has an elongated body (45-70 cm), and at the end of the head is the mouth-hole with multiple antennae. These predators feed on weakened fish guts, attacking the victim with a powerful, sharp language. In addition, the mixin is able to be released from capture by other predators, curled in a knot and moving the knot along the body.